Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oh, What A Ride It's Been!

"The times they are a-changin" - Bob Dylan

You can bet your britches they are, Mr. Dylan. In less than two years, I have gone from being a carefree "single gal," living in the Big D to being a Mrs., a wife...not just any wife but a military wife to one heckuva Marine. I traded late night cocktails for not as late night conversations with a real live husband, MY husband. My cubicle-bound corporate job? No more! Now I am navigating the lanes of Target and clipping coupons with the expertise of a seasoned housewife. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Do I ever miss those days? Of course; but when I look back on them I realize that what I miss most isn't being single. It's being able to fit in my size 4 designer jeans and killer heels. My size NOT 4 Mossimo jeans and flats...just ain't doin it for me these days.

Eh, my old wardrobe is a goal for me to strive towards. I have a degree in fashion, just because I'm a wife and soon-to-be mommy doesn't mean that I have to compromise my style...does it? I say, heck no!

No comments:

Post a Comment